KCA Home Page

Go Back   Kittredge Town Square - Community Message Board > For Sale/Wanted
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 06:54 PM

Default New Business Coming...

Hi everyone,
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and the business I plan to bring to Kittredge - the Bear Creek Marketplace.

My name is Jim Kenney, a transplant from Pennsylvania to Morrison, Colorado. I am in the process of purchasing the building at 26279 Highway 74 which houses Canyon Cycles and the former salmon operation.

My vision is to open a community-based coffee shop and retail shop focusing on socially-responsible products, like locally-made Colorado products to fair trade products from around the world.

Some of you may know me as the "jam guy" from local farmers' markets. I make fruit and pepper jams, hot sauces, spice rubs, etc., using local produce and feature them at farmers' markets. My products, along with other artisan foods, household and gift items will serve as the basis of the store. The coffee shop will feature fair trade coffees and showcase some great foods, prepared on-site using fresh, local ingredients.

As a new business owner and someone who believes that a business has a responsibility to the community in which it is located, I met with the KCA and believe my concept will fit the Kittredge community. In fact, I would love to work with the Kittredge residents to provide a local outlet for aspiring chefs, artists and organizations. Specifically, I see this business as place to show case some local culinary talents; a means to sell/use produce from the community garden; hosting an evening gallery opening for a new artist; etc.

As you may have noticed, a yellow sign hangs in the window notifying you of an upcoming parking variance hearing. This hearing is scheduled for 2/20 and is the last contingency in the sales contract meaning that if the parking variance is granted, the Bear Creek Marketplace will open in April of 2008. The County staff advised me this week that they are recommending to the Board of Adjustment that the parking variance is issued. Given I wanted to have a coffeeshop, four additional parking spaces are required which simply are not available.

If all goes well, I plan to launch the business with an open house for Kittredge residents in April and a more public grand opening to follow. I thank you for your time and your consideration. I hope to meet many of you and should you have any concerns, thoughts or ideas - do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Jim Kenney
kenney.jim@gmail.com
Cell: (303) 859-6634

PS - Canyon Cycles will remain a tenant in the current location for as long as they want to.

Last edited by Jim Kenney : 02-14-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:26 PM
KCA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kenney
As you may have noticed, a yellow sign hangs in the window notifying you of an upcoming parking variance hearing. This hearing is scheduled for 2/20 and is the last contingency in the sales contract meaning that if the parking variance is granted, the Bear Creek Marketplace will open in April of 2008. The County staff advised me this week that they are recommending to the Board of Adjustment that the parking variance is issued. Given I wanted to have a coffeeshop, four additional parking spaces are required which simply are not available.

Hi Jim,

Where is the hearing next Wednesday, and what time of day is it? If we can't come where should comments be sent?

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM

Jeff, Thanks for the question.

The hearing will take place on Wednesday, 2/20 in Hearing Room 1, located at 100 Jefferson County Parkway in Golden, CO (The Taj Building). The case number is 08-100766VC and comments can be faxed to Lily Griego at (303) 271-8744. Mailing address is: JeffCo Planning and Zoning Department, 100 Jefferson County Parkway, #3550, Golden, CO 80419.

The hearing is open to the public. Keep in mind that all the hearings start at 9 AM so my hearing could happen anytime that day.
Thanks,
Jim
Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 AM

Default Variance Approved, Marketplace Coming!

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that Jefferson County approved the variance and the Bear Creek Marketplace is coming!

As always, please feel free to stop by and say hello. We're looking forward to being your neighbor!
Jim Kenney, Owner
Old 03-17-2008, 11:58 AM

Hi Jim,

Glad you're coming to the neighborhood! I'll be looking forward to having a shop like yours just a short walk down the hill (plan on us as regular customers....)

The Rode family
Old 07-04-2008, 10:54 PM

Hi all!
We're now open as of July 4, 2008. Please feel free to come in, browse and eat and enjoy yourself! We're open at 7 am daily, except for Mondays when we're closed. We'll be open most days until 5 pm. Hours may change as we work things out.

We're are so very excited and look forward to making Bear Creek Marketplace a community staple!
Jim Kenney
Store: 303-679-4789
Old 07-04-2008, 11:21 PM
KCA Member

AWESOME!

We'll come down tomorrow and check it out!

Are you still going to be at the Farmer's Market in Aspen Park on Thursday afternoons? I was thinking of going again next week. Hopefully it won't be so windy this time